EDF EN’s Roof Lease Program provides a simple way for building owners to secure a new source of revenue at no cost. A rooftop solar PV installation provides new income, a valuable message of Corporate Sustainability, and clean electricity for Ontario’s Grid.
When it comes to your rooftop-- your choice of solar developer matters
EDF EN Canada manages the project every step of the way, from site analysis, system design, financing, construction, to operations and maintenance.
Development experience matters! EDF EN Canada has the expertise, technology, and financial ability to ensure the integrity and functionality of your business and roof are maintained with a solar installation.
We believe every installation is the beginning of a lasting partnership. Our global development experience ensures that we are the trusted expert to build, operate, and maintain a solar installation, providing you with the lease revenue you can rely on.
Many types of roofs can accommodate solar PV installations.
EDF EN Canada seeks out roofs that are:
- Located in Ontario
- Larger than 30,000 square feet
- Flat or relatively flat
- New or in good condition
- Relatively free from large rooftop equipment or protrusions
- Free from shading by objects on the building or nearby surroundings
Key benefits to building owners and managers
- No upfront costs
- All equipment installed warranted and maintained
- Significant, predictable revenue stream
- Panels can be attractively integrated with existing or new buildings
- Industry-leading operations and maintenance program
- Solar can play a key role in corporate social responsibility and sustainability objectives
- Added income stream can increase property value with no increase in property taxes
How we build a solar rooftop array
- Evaluate site and design system
- Handle all administration, permitting and approvals
- Install equipment and connect to the grid
- Work with your existing roofing contractor to ensure the viability of your roof warranty and complement your existing roof maintenance plan.
- Monitor and maintain system for the life of the contract
- Provide data on renewable energy generated for use by site-host and tenants