Return to
Home
Affiliate Sites Search
Contact Français

Le Granit

Total installed capacity: 24.6 MW
Total investment: Approximately $60 million
Number of turbines: 12
Developer: EDF EN Canada
Commissioning: Novembre 2014

The 24.6 MW Le Granit Wind Project represents a joint-ownership undertaking formed by EDF EN Canada and Énergie du Granit, a company wholly owned by the MRC du Granit and 16 of its municipalities. Énergie du Granit Inc. owns 30 percent of the project while EDF EN Canada holds the remaining 70 percent. The project declared commercial operation in November 2014.

Located on the lands of the municipality of Saint-Robert Bellarmin, in MRC du Granit, administrative region of Estrie, Le Granit Community Wind Project is comprised of 12 turbines supplied by Senvion. The electricity generated is delivered to Hydro-Québec Distribution under a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement.

The Liaison Committee was established to facilitate the contribution of the community in the development of the Massif du Sud Wind Farm while taking into consideration the interests of land users and encouraging the participation of local businesses. The committee is composed of community representatives as the municipalities, MRCs, private landowners, environmental protection agencies, land user groups and CLDs. The objectives of the committee are to:

  • Continue effective communication between all stakeholders and the developer;
  • Understand issues related to the operation of the wind farm;
  • Recommend satisfactory solutions to stakeholders;
  • Identify potential opportunities for local business and service.

Follow bellow the reports of the Liaison Committee meetings:

Please contact us with any questions or comments you may have:

Email: commentaire@edf-en.ca